- 18-Apr-2017 to 17-Jun-2017 (EST)
- Government Relations
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
The Director, Government Relations reports to the Senior Vice President of Government Relations. This position is responsible for developing, coordinating, directing and implementing programs at the Federal and State level to ensure the successful completion of the goals and objectives of the International Code Council (ICC), especially as they apply to Government Relations.
- Making recommendations for the development and implementation of programs related to federal, state and local adoption of the International Codes
- Building national and state coalitions of code officials, design professionals, contractors, building owners and managers, private companies, municipal and county government associations, elected officials, and other interested parties to further the goals of the ICC
- Evaluating existing programs, services and procedures and recommending improvements as necessary to support the goals of the ICC
- Monitoring state and local government legislation and regulatory activities, analyzing impact on ICC, developing and presenting testimony that supports organizational objectives
- Proposing through coalition partners state and local legislation and regulations that support the goals of the ICC
- Gathering information from individuals, private organizations and government entities to assist in implementing the goals of the ICC
- Making presentations to government officials, design professionals, contractors, and other interested parties on all aspects of the ICC
- Representing the ICC at member meetings, conferences and trade shows
- Analyzing information and recommending courses of action to be taken
- Establishing and implementing effective internal communications
- Regular reporting of activities
- Travel required
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Education / Experience / Location:
- Ability to travel about 20% of the time
- At least 5 years of experience in policy or advocacy related fields preferred
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, and proven ability to master other computer software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A proven history of delivering on commitments.
- Patience, understanding, independence, professionalism, reliability.
- The ability to use productively the knowledge, experience, and efforts of others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree required
We offer a complete benefits package including:
Health, dental and vision insurance
Paid vacation, sick and holidays