- 17-Apr-2017 to 16-Jun-2017 (EST)
- International Accreditation Services
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
The International Accreditation Service ("IAS") is a member of the International Code Council ("ICC") Family of Companies and is organized and operated as a separate legal entity with its own management and board of directors so as to safeguard the objectivity and impartiality of its accreditation activities.
To ensure full compliance with ISO requirements, any and all administrative services provided by ICC for IAS are performed under contractual "arm's-length" agreements by specific individuals dedicated by ICC to work with and for IAS. All substantive decisions related to IAS accreditation services and programs are made by IAS and its Board of Directors ("IAS Board"). The IAS Board of Directors has a fiduciary obligation to the ICC.
The President, IAS ("President") is the executive level leader and the highest titled officer of IAS, a California non-profit organization, the sole member of which is the International Code Council.
With respect to all general administrative and corporate matters, the President reports directly to the ICC Chief Executive Officer.
With respect to all accreditation activities and other services provided by IAS, the President reports directly to the IAS Board.
Working closely with IAS Senior staff, the President is responsible for providing the leadership and vision necessary to ensure that the organization achieves its mission and strategic plan. The individual guides the overall management and operation of IAS while simultaneously serving as primary IAS representative for recognized accreditation bodies, governmental entities, and targeted business sectors.
This position will be located in either Brea, CA, or Washington, DC.
- Create long-range strategic, business, and marketing plans in collaboration with the IAS Board and lead the development, communication, and implementation of these plans in a manner consistent with ICC parameters.
- Assess the potential within new accreditation and business programs, revenue opportunities, strategies, and regulatory activity by keeping abreast of emerging issues. Evaluate the impact thereof and advise the IAS Board as appropriate.
- Partner with the Chair of the IAS Board to manage IAS Board operations.
- Serve as chief spokesperson and representative of IAS by maintaining ongoing contacts with national and international leaders in the fields of policy-making, regulation, manufacturing, design, research, and accreditation to advance the profile of IAS as a global leader in accreditation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other accreditation executives to advance the concept of accreditation.
- Lead, direct, and operate the business, programs, and operations of IAS in compliance with ICC organizational principles and directives.
- Coordinate IAS business functions and operations with other ICC divisions and departments.
- Develop, manage, and monitor the IAS annual budget. Achieve revenue and expense goals while maximizing business growth.
- Assure the examination and implementation of IT work-flow modifications to improve end-user and customer document dissemination.
- Direct, lead, and organize a high-performing staff team, including supervisory responsibilities of hiring, training, assigning, evaluating performance, motivating, and implementing corrective actions.
- Oversee the management and operation of IAS accreditation and technical committees and councils. Review committee structure on a regular basis to maintain programmatic relevance.
- Foster and promote a success-oriented, accountable, and constructive work environment.
- Perform other tasks and duties as may be necessary to fulfill the role of IAS President.
Essential Skills and Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required; an MBA or advanced degree in related or technical field of study preferred.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in conformity assessment, industry accreditation services, or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in an executive or senior management position, which includes demonstrated history of employee management.
- Strong leadership and executive level communication skills.
- Ability to drive conformity assessment process and customer service operations, including the ability to review and change existing processes as necessary.
- Working knowledge of IT processes as they relate to communication and document production and dissemination.
- General business background, including ability to objectively evaluate opportunities.
- Ability to implement corporate financial, human resources, legal policies and directives.
- Aptitude to lead a subsidiary operation within the framework of an international, multi-subsidiary organization with multiple offices.
- Ability to lead and direct management operations using remote-based senior staff.
- Willingness and ability to travel, including extensive travel during first year of employment, which will be will approximately 50 percent of total time.