- 14-Apr-2017 to 13-Jun-2017 (EST)
- Evaluation Service
- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
NEW PRODUCT MANUFACTURING/EVALUATION
FOR THE BUILDING INDUSTRY
International Code Council Evaluation Services (ICC-ES) and
Home Innovation Research Labs Announces "One-Stop-Shop"
for Building Product Testing, Listing, and Product Evaluation Read Press Release
This position reports to the Vice President, External Relations and Client Services. Integral in the success of our new cooperative relationship with Innovation Research Labs (IRL), you will be key to establishing mutually beneficial relationships with manufacturers, construction professionals, and building departments nationwide, to encourage and grow the number of ICC-ES evaluation reports and listings purchased.
Innovation Research Labs is in Upper Marlboro, MD. AND as the primary liaison, you will be based on the east coast after an intensive 6-month onboarding experience with the ES team in Brea, Ca. Temporary housing in Brea will be provided. This first six months will give you the foundation you need to succeed long term. You will become immersed in our industry, and the features and benefits of our offer, interface and collaborate with key stakeholders and learn about and further develop the sales process to effectively represent ICC-ES and acquire new clients.
We are in search of a self-directed professional who can build effective business relationships and possesses the know how to leverage ICC-ES and IRL resources to win business. Knowledge of the new product evaluation application process is needed to effectively engage, educate and enable new business prospects and existing clients to meet their go to market, manufacturing and business goals.
This position offers diverse responsibilities and requires new product manufacturing knowledge coupled with strong interpersonal, presentation, business planning and sales skills.
- Identify new business prospects, prioritize and plan sales calls and effectively communicate ICC-ES services and the value proposition of ICC-ES reports and listings.
- Uncover business opportunities, promote ICC-ES services, and persistently follow-up to secure manufacturer applications for ICC-ES reports and listings.
- Penetrate new markets developing ICC-ES report and listing opportunities
- Raise the overall level of staff awareness about customer needs.
- Make presentations to manufacturer key decision makers, individuals, business groups, professional associations, and governmental agencies creating top-of-mind awareness of ICC-ES and its programs.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Share in the responsibility for client satisfaction from first contact through receipt of application.
Position requires approximately 35% as you attend conferences, meetings, speaking engagements, and customer sales calls. You should reside within 150 miles of IRL as you will frequent the IRL office as you develop sales plans, build relationships and host prospects at the IRL offices throughout the sales process.
Essential Skills and Education / Experience:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to achieve broad consensus on outstanding issues, and deliver'both internally and externally'on commitments
- Familiarity with the International Family of Codes and relevant test standards desired
- Familiarity with ICC-ES Acceptance Criteria desired
- Experience with construction services sales is ideal
We seek a sales professional with a minimum of 2 years' industry related experience; A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Architecture is considered a candidate enhancement.
ICC-ES offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and an excellent benefits package. For immediate and confidential consideration, please submit your resume to Alex@hrpilots.com. HR Pilots is eager to speak with qualified and interested individuals. If you would like to have an initial phone conversation prior to submitting your resume, please send a quick note with a request to schedule a call to Alex@hrpilots.com.
Thank you for your interest. ICC-ES is an equal opportunity employer.
More about ICC-ES and Home Innovation Research Labs
The ICC Evaluation Service is the United States' leader in evaluating building products for compliance with code. A nonprofit, public-benefit corporation, ICC-ES does technical evaluations of building products, components, methods, and materials. The evaluation process culminates with the issuance of reports on code compliance, which are made available free of charge to code officials, contractors, specifiers, architects, engineers, and anyone else with an interest in the building industry and construction. ICC-ES evaluation reports, building product listings and PMG listings provide evidence that products and systems meet code & standards requirements.
Home Innovation Research Labs (IRL), located in Upper Marlboro, Md., is a full-service research, testing, and consulting firm determined to improve the quality, durability, affordability, and environmental performance of single- and multifamily homes and home building products in short, we aim to perfect the home. Founded in 1964 as a subsidiary of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), our team has been integral in solving many of our client's most difficult product and technology issues, and helping to introduce some of the most groundbreaking innovations in residential construction. Through an interdisciplinary research approach including market research, building science analysis, laboratory testing, and standards development we help to find a home for innovation in the residential construction industry.