- 10-Apr-2017 to 30-May-2017 (EST)
- Government Relations
- TX, USA
- Full Time
Immediate opening reporting to the Vice President of State and Local Government Relations. Candidates must live in Texas; Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston and/or Austin preferred..
Responsibilities include developing, coordination, direction and implementation of code development programs and initiatives over a four state area that includes Texas (16 chapters), Oklahoma (4 chapters), and Arkansas (1 chapter).
You will work from your home office with up to 70% regional travel. You will be responsible for managing the region operational budget including travel.
Your background should include understanding of state and municipal legislative process. Candidates with building and/or fire service experience will more quickly understand the operational imperatives of the job, however, it is imperative that examples of coalition building experience is evident in your resume.
Your ability to observe and make key recommendations regarding local Chapter and state and municipal issues impacting code positions is extremely important. Additional tasks will include:
- Relationship and coalition building with local chapters.
- Building and maintaining State and local coalitions with code officials, design professionals, contractors and municipal and country government officials and elected officials who use and adopt building and fire codes.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate issues and situations that will impact organization goals and objectives.
- Presentations to government, design, contractor and other interested parties germane to code adoption or implementation.
- Representation at regional meetings, conferences or trade shows.
Personal attributes should include:
- Living in or willing to relocate to the state of Texas.
- Mastery of standard digital communication tools including but not exclusive of: Mobile phone, remote computing, texting and video conferencing.
- At least 5 years experience in policy or advocacy in the area of building, construction or fire services.
- Demonstration of writing skills; articles; Op 'Ed submissions, reports or other writing samples.
- The ability to research an issue quickly and extemporaneously and confidently addresses the organizations positions.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone or email.
Our client offers an attractive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. We are eager to present a final slate of interested and qualified candidates to the Hiring Group as soon as possible.
Out client is an equal opportunity employer.