- 14-Mar-2017 to 13-May-2017 (EST)
- Evaluation Service
- Brea, CA, USA
- Full Time
We are in search of several Structural/Civil Engineers to perform complex technical, and critical work conducting product evaluation and supporting the development and issuance of ICC-ES for building materials and methods.
Staff Engineers report to the Regional Director, and work closely with other technical staff within the evaluation services team, as well as clients and building officials.
This position will initially focus on test analysis and evaluation for our clients in the anchorage industry; i.e. adhesive anchors in masonry, mechanical anchors in concrete, anchor channels, adhesive anchors in concrete, composite connectors anchors in concrete, and pre-stressed concrete. Client provides evaluation services on a wide range of manufactured products for the building industry. This diversity provides the opportunity to continually work on new products and to expand your knowledge base.
You are self-directed, working independently within established procedures and as part of a team to deliver professional services, involving:
- Studying and reviewing test reports, calculations and other technical data submitted by clients
- Preparing correspondence and reports regarding compliance of products with code
- Developing criteria for the acceptance of alternative building methods and materials
- Providing expert assistance to building departments throughout the United States
- Participating in ICC-ES committee meetings and hearings
- Representing ICC-ES on matters of interest and concern at meetings with national, state and local government officials, industry groups, international bodies and other interested parties; and performing other related duties as assigned.
We seek lifelong learners who will take personal responsibility for keeping professionally abreast of developments in the building construction field through participation in conferences, meetings and seminars of professional organizations, including continuous review of relevant literature.
- Degreed and Licensed (CA) Structural/Civil Engineer (Structural preferred);
- Five years of general experience in manufacturing, or structural design, or regulatory environment.
- Anchor and fastener experience preferred (adhesive anchors in masonry, mechanical anchors in concrete, anchor channels, adhesive anchors in concrete, composite connectors anchors in concrete, pre-stressed concrete)
- Involvement in Anchorage to Concrete (ACI) Committee 355; CAMA preferred
- Knowledge of the International Building Code (IBC) preferred
- Ability to travel both locally and nationally
The company desires to engage and employ "client-centric" professionals who share in a vision of excellence while placing high value on the importance of client consultation and service.
The position offers an excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits package.