- 13-Feb-2017 to 14-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Technical Services
- Country Club Hills, IL, USA
- Full Time
The position of Director'Energy Programs includes responsibility for ICC's Energy program, including closely monitoring, reporting, and advising ICC on energy mandates and standards proposed or propagated by federal, state and local agencies and external associations. This position will be highly visible and will be viewed as the principal spokesperson for ICC concerning Energy and related technical areas. The position is responsible for developing relationships with the members, clients and industry stakeholders in the Energy community to serve the market's needs. Responsibilities include providing support to Energy adoption activities across the ICC family of I-Codes.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for serving as the Staff Liaison to ICC's International Energy Conservation Code and the Energy provisions of the International Residential Code.
The position is currently based out of ICC's Central Regional Office in Country Club Hills, Illinois and reports to the Senior Vice President of Technical Services. Location flexible, subject to qualifications.
- Assume a leadership role in positioning ICC's Energy products and services to better serve core constituencies, and the industry in general. This includes supporting the Government Relations staff with the adoption of ICC's Energy I-Codes
- Provide policy guidance and support to ICC's Government Relations activities at the state, federal and international levels. This includes monitoring state and local government legislation and regulatory activities related to Energy issues, and developing and presenting testimony that supports the adoption of the Energy I-Codes
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Energy community, members, trade associations, manufacturers and ICC chapters
- Increase ICC's Energy programs political position, visibility and brand awareness in the industry by representing ICC at meetings, conferences and trade shows, including ICC's Building Safety Month
- Manage ICC's Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) between ICC and national Energy organizations
- Act as ICC's Staff Liaison to ICC's International Energy Conversation Code and the International Residential Code Energy provisions. Responsibilities include:
- The review and development of code language
- Participation at ICC's Committee Action and Public Comment Hearings
- Working with publications staff to ensure the accuracy of published code documents
- Assisting in, and supporting the development of Commentaries and other Energy code/standard related publications of ICC
- Assist members with code/standard interpretations and related questions
- Serving on internal and external committees, as assigned
- Performing Plan Reviews for code compliance
- Assist in educational content development, and conducting ICC seminars as an instructor
- Serving as a technical resource for other ICC departments and functions
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Education / Experience:
- Baccalaureate in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Current professional licensure/registration in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional Energy experience in a building jurisdiction or professional association/company
- At least 2 years of experience in Energy policy or advocacy related fields preferred
- Expertise in the technical requirements related to Energy, including the ICC's International Energy Conservation Code and the Energy provisions of the International Residential Code
- Strong technical writing, communication, and customer service skills
- Travel required approximately 20% both locally and nationally
We offer a complete benefits package including:
Health, dental and vision insurance
Paid vacation, sick and holidays
Please apply online at the ICC Quick Link "Careers at ICC" on our website www.iccsafe.org